First official week of 2015 is over! People everywhere begrudgingly went back to work. Others wrote down their goals and jumped straight into resolution mode*. Inspirational quotes and fitness boards popped up all over pinterest. Don’t you just love pinterest? It’s the perfect place to create an idealized world using other people’s beautiful photography skills. Create your dream home, dream wardrobe, dream life with out spending a dime just some of your time. I personally pin at breakfast and thought this year I’d do posts covering my week, but using idealized imagery from Pinterest. Cause at heart I’m a curator, and this takes way less time then coordinating artists.
1) Gorgeous Jar Terrariums hang in front of the window of a beautiful loft space | This week I cleaned out 4 new candle containers. I love burning candles, but what is more satisfying is cleaning the glass jars to then use for organization around my home. One repurposed candle container is used to water fresh basil. Smaller candles jars, now house bobby pins and sample perfume bottles. I also cleaned out an empty honey jar, and now instead of having a junk drawer I have a junk jar. In 6 months if I don’t use anything in the junk jar, I’m emptying it out and tossing it.
2) Jean Seberg adorable pixie – the american actress who inspired french films. | I’ve buckled down and committed to studying french daily. For years I’ve said I’d love to know french, and for a while I played all my favorite films in french figuring I’d learn it through osmosis. That didn’t really work. But with duolingo, I practice in the morning and before bed. my accent is terrible, so I’m back to watching movies in french. Last night I watched 500 Days of Summer in French with English subtitles; the narrators voice isn’t nearly as whimsical in french. My pixie cut also needs a trim – desperately.
3) Illustration – unknown artists – girl sick with flowers. | I got a cold this week that peaked yesterday. Sadly working freelance and getting sick do NOT go hand in hand. When I’m sick I can’t focus. My thoughts are jumbled. Dayquil and black coffee are my saviors. So tomorrow I need to start/finish work that should have been done Friday, but my brain just wasn’t there. My only focus was getting up that love letter.
4) Freidasophie Jewelry – Ring | I’ve decided to be a ring girl this year. I love how rings look on other people, but have never worn them myself. I’ve been more of a necklace or earring person. But this year it changes. I bought a bunch of cheap rings from Icing after christmas and have worn them all week. I feel fancier when I type.
5) Black Unicorn | Wish I knew who took this photo, it’s absolutely stunning. Editing the young adult book resumed this week. Officially half way through it now, fingers crossed it’s done by February. It’s not only magical, but this whole week the universe has been showing me I’m on the right path. Even if it doesn’t make sense, or seem real now – it will be.
*I’m one of those people