I just joined ModCloth’s affiliate program. What that means for you and I is that this post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.
I created this post because Modcloth is having an awesome site-wide gift with purchase promotion for a FREE makeup palette by The Balm with any purchase of $150 or more. Modcloth is seriously one of my favorite places to online window shop, so here are a few of my favorite items and the fantasy that would go along with it.
1. Poodles of Fun Sweater: I’d pair this top with black ankle skinny pants and black ballet flats to channel my romantic Francophile. In my Parisian-inspired outfit, I’d enjoy a latte at an outdoor cafe and catch the eye of a handsome writer getting off work at the local market. He’d recognize the obscure book I’m reading and make a remark about the brooding protagonist; we’d chat and later walk around the city to then end the day with a sunset kiss standing on a bridge.
2. Push the Env-Elope Earrings: Working as a shop girl, I would be coming into work on Valentines day. I’m dusting and organizing inventory in the back when I hear the bell to the shop door ring. Quickly, I run to the front of the store to only see the back of a stylish fella dash around the corner. Afraid he’s shoplifted something, I scan the store for something out of place and see a small box has been left on the counter. A note with my name on the front is attached and the note reads, “I’m not great with words, so here are my love letters.” I open the box to find a set of sweet earrings.
3. Viva La Velvet Skirt in Merlot: I’m at a dive bar located somewhere in the Pacific Northwest and have paired this skirt with a Bikini Kill t-shirt and thrifted combat boots. I have no plans but not opposed to meeting someone new, I pay for my own drinks and will be at the front of the stage by the end of the night.
4. Wonder for the Record Books Dress in Magenta: Chocolate chip cookies in the oven and a pot roast in the crock-pot, I’m channeling my inner Stepford Wife to surprise my love with a homed cooked meal! Everything is perfect down to the centerpiece, my secret to the cookies is Pillsbury dough and the wine is two-buck chuck.
5. Colorblock Your World Coat: It’s raining and a-la Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s I’m trying to race off to the airport. Black umbrella in hand, I’m fumbling through my purse to double check my passport is inside. The passport still misplaced, I drop the umbrella and myself to the ground in a desperate search to find it as quickly as possible. A yellow taxi has just pulled up and as I’ve finally found the passport, I look up to see an attractive person about to steal my taxi but instead waits and asks if I’d like to share the cab ride.
Modcloth has been adding a lot of new items to their Sweetheart Shop, but this promotion can be applied to any purchase – no code necessary. I don’t know about you, but free makeup is a solid incentive to stimulate the economy.
Deal: Valentine’s Gift With Purchase For Orders of $150+
Start: Monday 2/1 at 9 am PT, 12 pm ET
End: While supplies last